Managing Recruitment & Selection
July/Aug TBC 2018
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
HIRING THE PERSON & SKILLSET YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS
Hiring a new member of your team is an important decision as the person you hire today may be with your company for a long time. Ensuring you make the right hire at the beginning increases the likelihood of having a harmonious employment relationship and increasing your existing teams’ capabilities and productivity.
This one day comprehensive programme covers practical interviewing skills and applicant screening methodology with hands on exercises and practice interviews. This training is ideal for you if you wish to develop your skills and confidence in interviewing and make more objective assessments. It will improve your confidence to recruit and select the right team member for the job.
Legislation & Policy
- Understand the importance of legislation
- What it is and why it matters and the consequences if you don’t
- Recruitment & Selection Policy
Creating a Job Description and Person Specification
Screening and Short listing applicants
- Selection Methods
- Setting selection criteria
- Using selection criteria to create short list
- Interview Preparation – you, applicant and environment
- Types of questions to use at interviews
- Questions to avoid and why
- Active Listening
- Note taking
- Selling your company and vacancy
- Building Rapport
- Types of Interview - Competency Based Interviewing/Panel Interviews etc
Job Offer and Documentation
- Making the selection decision
- Evaluating and rating evidence
- Progressing to the next stage
- Feedkback to unsuccessful applicants
- The Job Offer
- References/Background Checks
At the end participants will have the ability to:
- Understand Equality legislation with regard to Recruitment and Selection.
- Create a job description including a person specification.
- Create selection criteria and scoring mechanism.
- Make the right decision for the business based on requirements rather than personal bias.
- Deal and negotiate with third parties.
- Interview with confidence.
- Manage the process up to Job Offer.