County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
Supervisory Management QQI L6
11th, 18th & 25th September, 2nd, 9th, 16th October 2019
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
This 6 day Supervisory Skills Management QQI L6 certified programme is suitable for anyone in a supervisory or manager role who would like to gain a qualification to progress their career as well as gaining additional skills in supervision.
The aim of this programme is:
To enable the learner to examine and understand the role, duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager within a particular vocational environment.
To facilitate the learner to understand and appreciate how organisations are managed and controlled by quality systems, clear policies and procedures, planned, organised and effective workplace practices within a particular industry setting.
To explore with the learner the role of human resource management including recruitment and selection planning and procedures, screening, monitoring and evaluation within an organisation in line with best employment practices.
To facilitate the learner in appreciating the importance of maintaining good work related processes including organisation and planning strategies, record keeping, workflow systems, operational management and supervisory procedures.
To develop an understanding of the importance of the practicalities in any business to include department budgeting, operational records and insurance criteria.
To help the learner to understand how employee training development can impact not only the efficiency of the organisation but also enhance the motivation and performance of the employee though training and assessing individuals.
To enable the learner to exercise substantial personal autonomy and responsibility.
This course is highly interactive and delivered by an experienced and highly qualified management training professional who can share life's experiences.
Portfolio of Work 40%
Skills Demonstration 60%
LinkedIn Learning- 6 months ONLINE access to over 3,000 programmes
4th March 2019- ONLINE
County Tipperary Skillnet is delighted to be able to offer access to LinkedIn Learning, an on demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career.
This pilot programme will launch on the 4th of March and each licence will allow 6 months access from the date of launch to over 3,000 programmes (7,000 plus including languages).
There are 35 new programmes added each week to the platform.
There are 11 licences available as part of this pilot initiative – 1 licence per company and 1 staff member may use this licence to access content of their choice at a given time.
With LinkedIn Learning, you get:
- Unlimited access: Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalised recommendations: Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors: Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning: Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources: Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
- Professional certification: LinkedIn Learning offers on-demand courses to help individuals prepare for professional certification exams and earn continuing education units (CEUs).
Sign up now, and be ready to access your learning from the 4th March.
€99 per Licence (1 per company).
Getting your Business Online
Tues 10th, Thurs 12th, Tues 17th & Thurs 19th September 2019.
This course is delivered over four evenings from 6.30pm to 9.30pm in the Thurles Chamber Enterprise Centre, LIT Campus, Thurles.
Who is this course for?
If you work in retail or are looking to set up an online store, there’s something in this course for you. However, since we take you through the process step by step, you’ll probably benefit most if you’ve explored the idea of having your own online store or want practical advice on selling more effectively online.
Laptop/Tablet is required – please bring a laptop/tablet for some of the hands-on exercises.
This course is designed to help you take a step by step approach in building your online business using an ecommerce store called Shopify. The course will help you understand what you need to focus on now to set your business up for success in the future. Take action today while thinking about your business tomorrow.
About the Tutor:
Charlie Mernagh is a director of his own training company and is currently growing his ecommerce store which produces the 6-figure mark year on year. He walks you through the basics of getting setup on Shopify and working towards your first sale.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Recall how ecommerce works and what it can do for your business
• Demonstrate the steps in registering and adding important details to get started on the right path
• Demonstrate designing your own online store with a simple click and drag interface
• Demonstrate adding products to your store, adjust settings and getting paid
• Construct your store so as to make customers happy and manage orders
• Go through your free launch checklist, run a final test and launch your store for the world to see
• Comprehend consumer and GDPR European Law and apply to your business
• Understand ecommerce
• Sign up and get started
• Designing your store
• Launch your first product/service
• Online customer service
• Check your launch checklist and run a final test
• Consumer Law
What Will You Receive?
Participants will get a certificate of attendance as well as a one to one follow up for one hour to have any questions answered or putting the final touches to your store.
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2019
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.