The provision of innovative training programmes will ensure staff have the necessary skills to adapt to new technologies.
County Tipperary Skillnet facilitates learning and workforce development to meet enterprise talent needs, working closely with Industry to identify requirements.
Any private or semi-private company in Co. Tipperary can avail of our services, there is no membership fee.
Digital Marketing QQI L5
20th, 27th September & 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th October 2018
Participants must have their own laptop.
(6 day course every Thursday for 6 weeks)
9:30am to 4:30pm
• Digital Marketing Landscape & Channels
• Developing a Digital Marketing Strategy
• Search Engine Advertising
• Display Advertisement
• Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
• Social Media Marketing (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc)
• Email Marketing
• Business Blogging/ Rich Media Content Marketing (Snapchat, Pinterest, Youtube etc)
• Online User Experience & Digital Measurement
• Developing a Digital Marketing Plan & Certification Preparation
Managing Recruitment & Selection
July/Aug TBC 2018
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
HIRING THE PERSON & SKILLSET YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS
Hiring a new member of your team is an important decision as the person you hire today may be with your company for a long time. Ensuring you make the right hire at the beginning increases the likelihood of having a harmonious employment relationship and increasing your existing teams’ capabilities and productivity.
This one day comprehensive programme covers practical interviewing skills and applicant screening methodology with hands on exercises and practice interviews. This training is ideal for you if you wish to develop your skills and confidence in interviewing and make more objective assessments. It will improve your confidence to recruit and select the right team member for the job.
Legislation & Policy
- Understand the importance of legislation
- What it is and why it matters and the consequences if you don’t
- Recruitment & Selection Policy
Creating a Job Description and Person Specification
Screening and Short listing applicants
- Selection Methods
- Setting selection criteria
- Using selection criteria to create short list
- Interview Preparation – you, applicant and environment
- Types of questions to use at interviews
- Questions to avoid and why
- Active Listening
- Note taking
- Selling your company and vacancy
- Building Rapport
- Types of Interview - Competency Based Interviewing/Panel Interviews etc
Job Offer and Documentation
- Making the selection decision
- Evaluating and rating evidence
- Progressing to the next stage
- Feedkback to unsuccessful applicants
- The Job Offer
- References/Background Checks
At the end participants will have the ability to:
- Understand Equality legislation with regard to Recruitment and Selection.
- Create a job description including a person specification.
- Create selection criteria and scoring mechanism.
- Make the right decision for the business based on requirements rather than personal bias.
- Deal and negotiate with third parties.
- Interview with confidence.
- Manage the process up to Job Offer.
eLearning Essentials Programme- Instructional Design
Are you an L&D Professional who wants to upskill in learning technology?
This fast-track elearning programme will help you develop the core skills involved in the design, development, assessment and evaluation of effective elearning solutions in a range of services and sectors.
This programme is ideal for learning professionals and educators who wish to take the first step in the development of their elearning skillset. The programme introduces you to core fundamentals of effective elearning design and development. The programme is open to any person responsible for creating training and education material within their organisation. Training consists of blended learning involving classroom based workshops, on-line resources and live virtual classroom sessions.
The programme cost is reduced from €1100 to €695 as subsidised by County Tipperary Skillnet, Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet and Waterford Chamber Skillnet.
The programme will include three classroom based days in the Newpark Hotel Kilkenny on the 26th & 27th September and 11th October 2018.
- Design eLearning- employ a practical, problem-solving approach to designing pedagogically aligned elearning across levels of learning.
- Develop eLearning- structured hands-on development of real world elearning using proven techniques to engage, stimulate and challenge learners.
- Assess eLearning- learn how to constructively align assessment within your elearning design to produce authentic, realistic assessment experiences.
- Evaluate eLearning- build a well structured evaluation framework to monitor your elearning projects, adapt to the learner's needs and deliver the best practice.
eLearning Essentials is recognised by Newcastle University's Centre for Executive and Professional Development. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a Professional Development Certificate in eLearning.
Harvest, the training provider partner with Newcastle University's Centre for Executive and Professional Development to deliver the accredited and internationally recognised eLearning Essentials Programme.
Excel - Core/ Basic
29th June 2018 - 9:30am to 4:30pm
Questum Acceleration Centre- Clonmel
This one day programme will cover the basics of Excel and will prepare learners to be able to use the most common elements of Excel.
Microsoft Excel is by far the most popular spreadsheet application in use today. Its uses span all sectors within business, industry or academia. At the end of the course participants will have a solid knowledge of how to set-up and manipulate data within Excel. This Core level is important for anyone who wishes to go on to Intermediate and Advanced level at a later time.
Participants on this course should have some familiarity with using a PC, mouse and keyboard. The class is designed for those who have little or no knowledge of Excel or who have only been working on inputting data into a standard Excel spreadsheet.
A first look at the Excel Environment.
Understanding and using the AutoSUM functions.
Creating Headers and Footers within Excel.
Creating basic charts from data.
Saving a spreadsheet in various formats.