County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
Click here to read the Skillnet Ireland Statement of Strategy 2021-2025
County Tipperary Chamber is County Tipperary Skillnet's Promoting Organisation.
Michelle Aylward is currently the Chief Executive Officer of County Tipperary Chamber of Commerce. Contact CEO@CountyTipperaryChamber.com to discuss membership of the Chamber or Join here
Problem Solving & Critical Thinking- Online-21st May 2021- 9:30am-12:30pm
Friday 21st May 2021 9:30am-12:30pm
Subsidised cost is €39 per participant is part funded by County Tipperary Skillnet.
This 3 hour 'Problem Solving & Critical Thinking' workshop is one in the 'New Links Training Solutions' Personal and Professional Development series.
New Links Training Solutions are experts in leadership, management and professional development training and are a QQI registered training provider.
At the end of this 3 hour workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify their critical thinking skills and identify their critical thinking style.
- Explore the critical thinking process and be able to assess diverse viewpoints/contributions.
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning.
- Systematically analyse context and information to clearly understand and identify a problem.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving tools to overcome obstacles and objections.
- Select the best technique for making decisions.
- Learn how to avoid individual and collective decision making pitfalls.
Training will be live-streamed using a virtual training platform, complete with 2-way audio, visual presentations, course chat, and live questions which allows for in-classroom and online interactions. While laptops/ desktop PCs are the preferable option, mobile devices can also be used. But, please note that participants usually perform better when interacting with virtual classrooms when using a keyboard and mouse as they can type questions directly to the instructor, or ask a question using their computer microphone.
Remote participants should be aware that the instructor will call upon them for their input just as if they were in the physical room.
All instructions, course work, and materials needed will be sent out in advance for the participant to print. It is recommended that everyone should have a notebook available to take notes
Women in Leadership Development Training Programme-The HR Suite- 12th, 14th & 19th May -3 x 2hrs -10am-12noon
Dates : Wednesday 12th, Friday 14th & Wednesday 19th May 2021
Time: 10am - 12noon
This Leadership Development Training Programme will be delivered online by The HR Suite- HR Consultants and Employment Law Experts. Targeted at female leaders who want to improve their confidence and management skills and maximise their impact and productivity by doing the right things to add real value to their business.
The programme consists of 3 x two-hour interactive tailored training sessions, when all 3 training modules are completed each participants will have a 1 hour one to one session with the HR Suite to help complete your personal development plan.
Time Management: 12th May -10am-12 noon
You will develop the skills and techniques to manage your time in order to reduce stress and improve productivity.
- Efficiency v’s Effectiveness
- Time Audit
- Setting Priorities
- Managing where you work
- Being Organised
- Taking Control
- Mind Mapping
- Personal Action Plan
- Identify individual biggest ‘time stealers’ which reduces productivity
- Establish solutions to reduce or remove their negative impact
- Acquire practical time management skills for scheduling, planning and prioritising work
- Be aware of and be able to put in place recognised time management techniques such as effective delegation and assertively saying ‘no’
People Management: 14th May -10am-12 noon
On completion of this module you will have an increased understanding of the most recent legislations, instil people management skills, conflict management and work support and supervision. The aim is to increase staff morale and productivity through effective people management skills..
- Your Legal Obligations
- Day to Day Employment Legislation
- Performance Management
- Principles of the Disciplinary Procedure
- Principles of the Grievance Procedure
- Gain a greater understanding of HR and Employment Law
- Be able to manage your team effectively
- Improved collaboration and teamwork
- Maximise your workforce’s expertise, ideas and skills
- Improve efficiency and utilization of resources
Female Leadership Skills: 19th May -10am-12 noon
Female leaders you will improve your confidence and management skills and maximise your impact and productivity by doing the right things to add real value to your business.
The aim of this module is to provide all participants with the assertiveness and communication skills in dealing with staff, leaders, board, prospective customers, existing customers, suppliers and business partners.
- Female Leadership – what’s different & what are the challenges?
- Confidence Building & Assertiveness
- Relationship Building
- Impact & Influencing Your Team
- Dealing with difficult people
- Appreciate the challenges of female leadership and master them personally
- Ability to become a better, more assertive communicator, without being perceived as aggressive
- A working knowledge of how to build lasting relationships
- An understanding of how to cope with and address conflict
- Ability to give and accept feedback and use in constructively
FOLLOW UP SUPPORT
At the end of the 3 sessions, the HR Suite will facilitate a on hour one to one with participants to discuss the following:
• * A summary of what they took from each session
• * Support in completing a Personal Development Plan
Creating Digital Content with Lasting Engagement- Marla Communications- 27th May, 3rd & 10th June 2021
- Thursday 27th of May (Workshop 1)
- Thursday 3rd of June (Workshop 2)
- Thursday 10th of June (Workshop 3)
Time: 10am - 1pm
Cost per participant: €259- 40% funded by County Tipperary Skillnet
3 hour one to one mentoring sessions will be scheduled directly with each participant.
The training company Marla Communications will deliver this course on behalf of County Tipperary Skillnet.
This training programme is for every individual or company who struggles to come up with frequent, interesting and engaging content for their social media channels. Its for those who sit down on a Monday morning to come up with posts and wait for inspiration to hit. Not only does this course provide great ideas for social media posting, it provides a step by step guide to a content creation process that is easy, stress free and that works! The programme also covers step by step guidance on using Canva to design professional and engaging visual posts, and Vimeo for cost effective and impactful video development. Participants will also receive a number of useful interactive templates, including a social media planner that manages ongoing and consistent communication across all relevant platforms.
Workshop 1: Understanding the Context of Digital Communication
• Introduction to concepts and templates
• Introduction to what good and bad communication looks like
• Understanding the context of social media content
• Demonstration of how mind mapping delivers content ideas and longevity
• Step by step guidance on the content creating process
• Demonstration on how to analysis metrics on a monthly basis, thus providing an understand of which content works best for engagement levels
Workshop 2: Creating Impactful Visual & Engaging Posts
• Guidance on the development of professional and creative posts
• A detailed overview of Canva with a step by step guide on graphic development
• Understanding of all elements of the Canva interface
• Guidance of using online image/video libraries
• Guidance on how to export Canva projects correctly
• Guidance on how to publish Canva projects on all relevant social media platforms
• A review of how to maximise exposure through boosting posts
Workshop 3: Developing Professional Video Content
• An overview of the technical process of creating professional business videos
• All technical aspects of developing a corporate or marketing video
• The basics of how to capture sound and lighting for a professional look
• How to create, edit and distribute videos across all platforms
One to One Mentoring
Each participant will receive 3 hrs one to one mentoring. The primary focus of these sessions will be to help each participant understand content creation in the context of their own business and persona groups. A further goal of the mentoring will be to assist each company with the development of a usable and easy to manage weekly content plan. Finally, each participant will be given step by step support to enable them to design and develop their own visual and video content for all future posts.
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2021
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.