County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
Getting your Business Online
8th, 9th, 15th & 16th October 2019.
This course is delivered over four evenings from 6.30pm to 9.30pm in the Thurles Chamber Enterprise Centre, LIT Campus, Thurles.
Who is this course for?
If you work in retail or are looking to set up an online store, there’s something in this course for you. However, since we take you through the process step by step, you’ll probably benefit most if you’ve explored the idea of having your own online store or want practical advice on selling more effectively online.
Laptop/Tablet is required – please bring a laptop/tablet for some of the hands-on exercises.
This course is designed to help you take a step by step approach in building your online business using an ecommerce store called Shopify. The course will help you understand what you need to focus on now to set your business up for success in the future. Take action today while thinking about your business tomorrow.
About the Tutor:
Charlie Mernagh is a director of his own training company and is currently growing his ecommerce store which produces the 6-figure mark year on year. He walks you through the basics of getting setup on Shopify and working towards your first sale.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Recall how ecommerce works and what it can do for your business
• Demonstrate the steps in registering and adding important details to get started on the right path
• Demonstrate designing your own online store with a simple click and drag interface
• Demonstrate adding products to your store, adjust settings and getting paid
• Construct your store so as to make customers happy and manage orders
• Go through your free launch checklist, run a final test and launch your store for the world to see
• Comprehend consumer and GDPR European Law and apply to your business
• Understand ecommerce
• Sign up and get started
• Designing your store
• Launch your first product/service
• Online customer service
• Check your launch checklist and run a final test
• Consumer Law
What Will You Receive?
Participants will get a certificate of attendance as well as a one to one follow up for one hour to have any questions answered or putting the final touches to your store.
Having Difficult Conversations
-Challenging Conversations & How to Manage them
30th September 2019- 9:30am -1pm- Half day Workshop
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Learn practical and effective techniques to confidently conduct and manage difficult conversations with team members.
This half day programme will help you prepare for difficult or vital conversations to enable you to talk to your team members in as productive a way as possible. It will enhance your skills to manage and control workplace conversations.
This training is ideal for you if you wish to improve your confidence and knowledge for taking action and tackling challenging conversations directly and in time.
Facing the problem:
- What is a difficult conversation?
- Responsibility - Is it mine as line manager to sort out? When should I act?
- Dealing with real reluctance in getting caught up with very emotional or difficult performance and conduct issues.
- Stay in control of the situation..
Preparation and Plan:
- Information – Facts vs Opinions
- Policies & Procedures
- Best approach – what do I want the outcome to be?
- Structure – how will I structure the meeting? How can I make the conversations more bearable?
Skills & Techniques:
- Questioning & Listening
- Body Language
- Follow up
Upcoming Events 2019
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2020
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.