County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
€49 per person
November 7th 2019 -9.30am to 1.00pm
Venue: Thurles Chamber Enterprise Centre, Thurles
This half day workshop provides participants with the knowledge to build a successful online store using the Shopify platform. It will provide participants with the tools necessary to build a successful online business or include an added strand to their existing one.
- Understanding Shopify and what it can do for you.
- Getting Started on Shopify – Adding Products & Settings
- Designing your Store – Learn how to design your store
- Using Social Media and Marketing with your Store
- Managing Your Store – Customer Service, Fulfilling Orders, Refunds and how to get paid.
Having Difficult Conversations- 2nd Workshop due to Demand!
Due to demand we are running a second workshop!
Challenging Conversations & How to Manage them-
21st November 2019- 9:30am -4pm- FULL day Workshop
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
This full day programme is subsidised at 50% by County Tipperary Skillnet
Learn practical and effective techniques to confidently conduct and manage difficult conversations with team members.
This full day programme will help you prepare for difficult or vital conversations to enable you to talk to your team members in as productive a way as possible. It will enhance your skills to manage and control workplace conversations.
This training is ideal for you if you wish to improve your confidence and knowledge for taking action and tackling challenging conversations directly and in time.
Facing the problem:
- What is a difficult conversation?
- Responsibility - Is it mine as line manager to sort out? When should I act?
- Dealing with real reluctance in getting caught up with very emotional or difficult performance and conduct issues.
- Stay in control of the situation..
Preparation and Plan:
- Information – Facts vs Opinions
- Policies & Procedures
- Best approach – what do I want the outcome to be?
- Structure – how will I structure the meeting? How can I make the conversations more bearable?
Skills & Techniques:
- Questioning & Listening
- Body Language
- Follow up
Corporate Social Responsibility- How to write a Policy - Workshop
14th November 2019 -One Day Programme
Venue: Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Cost of €50 is subsidised at 50% by County Tipperary Skillnet.
A Guide to writing your CSR Policy
This one day programme aims to help participants understand how they can create a CSR policy that demonstrates their unique strategy that promotes environmental, societal and economic concerns and how they work in ways that are resourceful, ethical and sustainable.
At the end of the workshop participants will have an awareness of why Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability are important and how they can be incorporated into day-to-day business. The course features a range of real-life examples of companies with successful CSR policies and helps participants to write their own CSR policy.
CSR Policy Introduction
- What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Responsibility - who owns it?
- Defining the purpose of your CSR policy
- Who is the policy for?
- The Scope of the policy.
- Information – Facts vs Aspirations
- Supporting Policies & Procedures
- Your company beliefs
- Running and Managing CSR policy
- Measuring your CSR policy.
- Pitfalls and tips.
Creating your CSR policy
- Case studies of other CSR policies
- Creating your template
- Your Next Steps and Plan
Upcoming Events 2019
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2020
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.