The provision of innovative training programmes will ensure staff have the necessary skills to adapt to new technologies.
County Tipperary Skillnet facilitates learning and workforce development to meet enterprise talent needs, working closely with Industry to identify requirements.
Any private or semi-private company in Co. Tipperary can avail of our services, there is no membership fee.
eLearning Essentials Programme- Instructional Design
Are you an L&D Professional who wants to upskill in learning technology?
This fast-track elearning programme will help you develop the core skills involved in the design, development, assessment and evaluation of effective elearning solutions in a range of services and sectors.
This programme is ideal for learning professionals and educators who wish to take the first step in the development of their elearning skillset. The programme introduces you to core fundamentals of effective elearning design and development. The programme is open to any person responsible for creating training and education material within their organisation. Training consists of blended learning involving classroom based workshops, on-line resources and live virtual classroom sessions.
The programme cost is reduced from €1100 to €695 as subsidised by County Tipperary Skillnet, Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet and Waterford Chamber Skillnet.
The programme will include three classroom based days in the Newpark Hotel Kilkenny on the 26th & 27th September and 11th October 2018.
- Design eLearning- employ a practical, problem-solving approach to designing pedagogically aligned elearning across levels of learning.
- Develop eLearning- structured hands-on development of real world elearning using proven techniques to engage, stimulate and challenge learners.
- Assess eLearning- learn how to constructively align assessment within your elearning design to produce authentic, realistic assessment experiences.
- Evaluate eLearning- build a well structured evaluation framework to monitor your elearning projects, adapt to the learner's needs and deliver the best practice.
eLearning Essentials is recognised by Newcastle University's Centre for Executive and Professional Development. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a Professional Development Certificate in eLearning.
Harvest, the training provider partner with Newcastle University's Centre for Executive and Professional Development to deliver the accredited and internationally recognised eLearning Essentials Programme.
Bouncebackability- The Inside Out Programme
24th October 2018- Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
9:30am to 4pm
Bouncebackability! - Personal Wellbeing, Effectiveness and Resilience,
This is a practical, interactive, informative and fun day that is not to be missed!
The focus is on Building personal RESILIENCE, MOTIVATION and managing unwanted PRESSURE
As the amount of “stuff” in our lives seems to grow by the day (notice how everyone is busy!), finding ways to deal effectively with the challenges, setbacks, frustrations, busyness, etc, can be exhausting.
This course is all about the most important person (YOU) and how to build up your resilience both at work and your personal life to effectively manage the “stuff”.
The course will be built around:
• What do you need to be more resilient and do you have these skills already?
• How to recognise the symptoms, source and causes of unwanted pressure and stress,
• Why we find it so difficult to change,
• How to manage the key driver of stress – “the noisy mind”,
• What motivates you and helps you keep going!
• Practical coping and management strategies for “robustness”,
• How to become solution rather than problem focused,
• Exercises and techniques in Mindfulness to enhance personal focus and “bounce back”,
First Aid Response (PHECC)
10th, 12th & 15th October 2018
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
The 2007 (General Application) Regulations specify that companies, based on risk assessment, need to have an adequate number of trained First Aid personnel available to deal with medical emergencies and injuries that may occur in the workplace.
The FAR course is the only First Aid course recognized by the Health & Safety Authority in Ireland. (PHECC Certification)
This course trains students to provide effective life support intervention, diagnose and treat illness and injury and maintain maximum care of a casualty until the arrival of the emergency medical services.
The Instructor staff will be experienced in the “real life” provision of emergency care and will have the Instructional Skills required to effectively teach all learning elements of the course, both theoretical and practical.
This course will also include training on the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the administration of Aspirin in the case of suspected heart attack.
Course Content includes:
Cardiac First Response- CPR, AED, Choking, Stroke
Medical Emergencies- Asthma, Diabetes, Seizures, Poisoning, Fainting
Injury Management & Shock- Bleeding, Bone Injuries, Sprains, Strains/Dislocations, Shock.
Dealing with Unconsciousness Casualty
Burns-Electrical Injury Care
Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
Well-Being of the First- Aid Responder
Length of Course: 3 days
Max 6 participants
Theoretical and practical skill requirements of the training to provide a highly interactive and enjoyable course.
The use of simulation and accident/incident type scenarios will enhance the learner experience and give participants the confidence and practice needed to achieve the learning outcomes and competencies specified in the PHECC standard.
Assessment of Participants:
The course involves continuous assessment. Participants will complete both theoretical and practical assessments, in the form of a multiple choice question paper and the undertaking of four skill assessments. A mark of 80% or greater is required to pass each of the elements of assessment.
Certification of Training:
PHECC certification is awarded to successful participants. The certification is valid for two years, at which point a two day refresher course will be required. Please note that the certificate needs to be in date in order to complete the refresher course.
Supervisory Management QQI L6
13th, 20th & 27th November & 4th & 11th December 2018
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
This 5 day Supervisory Skills Management QQI L6 certified programme will cover:
- Analysis & Decision Making
- Quality & Customer Focus
- Planning, Organising and Prioritising
- Strategic Planning & Change Management
At the end of the training participants will have the skills to:
- Analyse situations and make strategic and objective decisions
- Develop quality customer service plans
- Plan and organise people
- Understand the role of strategic planning and change management
- Appreciate the importance of quality systems and standards within the organisation
- Appreciate the importance of effective communication with all stakeholders
Manual Handling Instructor QQI L6
October 16th, 23rd, 30th & November 6th, 13th 2018
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel - 5 days- every Tuesday over 5 weeks
Do you need a Manual Handling Instructor on site to deliver Manual Handling training to other employees? If you invest in this highly interactive programme your employee will be able to plan and deliver effective Manual Handling Training across a wide range of learning groups. Participants will be able to assess workplace tasks from a risk assessment perspective and be able to specify effective control measures. These controls will either eliminate or substantially reduce the risk levels identified.
Anatomy & Physiology ( Chartered Physiotherapist)
Practical Lifting of Loads at different levels
Student Practice Presentations
Risk Assessment & Ergonomics
Assessment of Presentation Skills/ Practical Lifting & Written Examination
Participants are encouraged to develop an individual approach to the preparation and delivery of manual handling training.
8th November 2018
9.30am – 4.30pm
Clonmel Park Hotel
This fully interactive one-day workshop is designed to assist you with creating a detailed Facebook advertising plan and have the skills and tools to be able to implement and measure it.
Bring a laptop on the day along with your Facebook account access details.
If you have not advertised in the past please set up your Ad Manager and add your billing details (you may want to activate some ads on the day).
At the end of the worshop you will:
• Understand the online customer journey and have planned ad campaigns at each stage
• Be aware of the important of targeting warm/hot leads and how to achieve this within Facebook
• Know how to design and run a successful advertising campaign and be able to measure your ROI
• Customer journey stages: Brand Awareness, Consideration and Purchase and how to target people at each stage using Facebook advertising and how to ensure that you bring people successfully through the funnel for a high ROI
• Planning your Facebook ad campaigns for the next three months
• Hands on experience using design tools like Canva or Design Wizard. These tools will assist with creating impactful imagery for your advertising campaigns
• Hands on experience using Facebook adverting platform. Creating audiences, using your tracking pixel (if required) and creating an ad campaign from start to completion.
• A walk-through advertising reports and how to customise them.