County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
County Tipperary Skillnet management team are continuing to work and are available to discuss any queries that our businesses or trainees have regarding our scheduled training programmes and supports for businesses.
In support of this national effort and in line with Government recommendations, County Tipperary Skillnet has postponed its in-person training courses until further notice. Where possible, alternative methods of programme delivery are being mobilised.
County Tipperary Skillnet will continue to take bookings for in-person programmes commencing at a later date in 2020. Our current range of online programmes are available to view at this link
We are also available to discuss your queries about any other future programmes we offer to businesses within the Tipperary region.
Contact details at end of this page.
We would remind our stakeholders that the HSE website www.hse.ie is the authoritative source of information and advice on the situation regarding COVID-19 in Ireland.
We will keep this information updated in the coming weeks. Further information is also available on the Skillnet Ireland website at LINK
Managing with Emotional Intelligence Workshop- 9th September 2020
Wednesday 9th September 2020
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Managing with Emotional Intelligence - Achieve a Quantum Leap in your EQ
This one day workshop will be delivered by Michael Cox of MCX Training & Development. Michael has over 25 years of experience of working with managers and leaders throughout Ireland and overseas. He is now recognised as one of the most inspirational trainers in Emotional Intelligence.
This widely acclaimed Emotional Intelligence workshop will unlock, harness, develop and maximise full potential of individuals and teams by working to people's strengths and increase their motivation, performance and productivity.
"Your EA is the level of your ability to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them,"
Howard Gardner- Author of Multiple Intelligences and influential Harvard theorist
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- List the 7 intelligences and define what is Emotional Intelligence and a 'perfect' human being.
- Develop a greater understanding of oneself (Intrapersonal Intelligence) and how other people are 'wired' (Interpersonal Intelligence)
- Achieve a greater empathy and understanding of what motivates/ de-motivates us/ people around us and forgive short comings.
- Recognise/ admire differing types of 'wiring' and modify behaviour and communication styles according to achieve a respectful connection.
Anti Money Laundering -7th October 2020
Thursday 7th May 2020 9:30am -4:30pm
Location: Questum Acceleration Centre Clonmel
This one day Anti Money laundering training course is designed to enable professionals who are subject to anti-money laundering regulations to obtain a sound and practical understanding of the anti money laundering policies and procedures.
Money laundering continues to hold high profile with regulators and firms alike. Non-compliance with anti money laundering requirements can cause both significant reputation damage and penalties for organisations.
This course is an excellent introduction to AML and will satisfy the regulatory requirements for verifiable learning for all staff to understand their anti money laundering responsibilities.
During this course we will show learners how to comply with regulations and be familiar with the anti money laundering framework, how to spot suspicious activity and how to report suspected money laundering.
The course is very interactive. We can incorporate excising anti money laundering policies and procedures to aid group discussions and to allow learners to self-assess their current knowledge and identify areas of improvement.
Learners will be able to:
• Have an understanding of anti money laundering legislation
• Have an understanding of the policies and procedures in place
• Exercise due diligence to try and prevent money laundering
• Follow polices and procedures to report suspected money laundering
• An overview of anti money laundering framework and legislation
• The anti money laundering policies and procedures in place
• How to use due diligence to try and prevent money laundering
• Suspicious Activity - How to spot suspicious activity
• Whistleblowing - Policies and procedures on how and when to report suspicious activity
MAG/MIG Welding Programme (4 Day) Online- 6th, 7th, 13th & 14th July 2020
County Tipperary Skillnet secured additional funding through Skillnet Ireland and the Department of Education & Skills due to the current crisis and are in the position to subsidise this Online 'MAG/MIG Welding Programme (4 Day)' at 70% to support 10 businesses in the Tipperary region.
Places limited to one person per company., max 10 places, if over subscribed a waiting list will be put in place. There are strict requirements in order to be accepted on this course, please read details below and a booking does not automatically guarantee a place.
The online Welding Training course will be delivered virtually by Bartie Cash of the Welding Academy, Thurles. This 4 day Mag/Mig welding programme is for beginners or novice Welders
Dates: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th July. (8:15am-4:15pm)
There are strict requirements in order to be accepted on this course:
The participant would need a safe place to carry out the welding training, air extraction/good air movement, all the normal PPE – steel toe boots, fire retardant overalls, safety glasses, ear protection, welding helmet (preferably auto darken for speed) and welding gloves, this is not an exhaustible list, 280amp Mag/Mig Welder minimum (ideal 400amp) and work bench. Welding screens to protect other people around that may be flashed from the welding. The participant will be shown the safe practice of fitting bottles of welding gas and how to select the correct gas for the welding from the store area. The participant will be made aware of whatever fire systems are in place and identify where the fire extinguishers are close to the welding area. Training material including a material cutting list will be sent in advance of training.
The online welding training is carried out using the Zoom meeting platform and training videos by Bartie for demos, there will be live feedback and guidance to students on their results from Bartie, who has vast experience in welding training with industry and has trained over 20,000 people since 1998.
There would be 2 consecutive days completed each week for two weeks, this allows the participant to practice in-between. Class times are from 8:15am -4:15pm.
The participant will receive a 4 day attendance cert from Online Welding Academy
MIG / MAG / GMAW Welding Programme Module Outline:
• Tutor introduction and what is covered
• Welding Safety
• Fire safety around welding
• Equipment which is required
• Multi-choice questionnaire (selecting the correct answer)
• Detailed introduction on equipment and settings
• Setting the protective gas and tensioning the wire feed correctly
• Demonstrate different problems and their causes
• Using good techniques and varied welding machine settings to achieve good results easily
• Welding on various thickness of material
• Welding up Tee fillets on 6mm / ¼“ Material
• Using good techniques
• What the problems are and their causes
• Welding starts, restarts and weld ends to prevent leaks
• Welding multi-runs using good techniques and sequences
• Welding on lighter material Tee fillets and 3mm / 1/8” Material
• Achieving correct weld size and limited distortion
• Welding lap joints and outside corner joints
• Using weld tacks to avoid distortion and keeping the correct joint to achieve maximum strength of the joints
• Welding box with outside corners and Tee fillets on 6mm / ¼“ and 3mm / 1/8” Material
• Welding square edge butt joints (no preparation) on 6mm / ¼“ and 3mm / 1/8” Material and using various size gaps
• The importance of welding tacks on a Job
• How to make appropriate weld tacks
• Using one or two runs of weld to complete the joint
• Welding vertical down on light 3mm / 1/8” Material
• Outlining the advantages, disadvantages and the problems with the process
• Where to use vertical down and where not to use it
• Welding machine settings
• Welding theory
• Why welds fail – cracking etc.
• Weld defects, problems and their causes
• Weld sizes and parts of the weld
• Various weld transfers dip/spray and where they are used
• Advantages and disadvantages of the MIG / MAG Welding / GMAW process
• Multi-choice test (selecting the correct answer)
• Production welding
• Recapping on the joints that were covered
This will only be done depending on the ability of the participant at this stage, and if there is a need to know this or maybe it would be more beneficial to be doing production parts.
• Welding vertical up
• Commercial method
• Why and where would you use vertical up
• The importance of welder settings
• Vertical up problems and their causes
Module 10 or the option of going on to weld the company products with guidance from Bartie once the Welding Coordinator/Supervisor has set the participant up:
• Fabricate a work bench
• Where to start
• Tacking it in the right areas
• Using the tacks to help square it up
• Allowing for weld distortion
• Cleaning the job up
At this point the participant will have completed the 10 modules and completed a very rewarding journey.
The Participant will also be issued with a Completion Certificate from Online Welding Academy. If the participant has put the time intothe training he/she should be able to take a recognised Welders test e.g. EN9606 or ASME Equivalent. At a minimum a Tee Fillet Single Run test.
WARNING – Even if the participant has a lot of experience in welding he/she may suffer from some poor techniques. At the start the participant will have to focus in on what he/she doing to keep the new techniques and stop the old habits slipping back into your process.
If you wish to discuss the course in more detail please contact Bartie:
Tel: +353 (0) 83 333 7816
Compliance Officer Training- Retail focus- 11th June 2020- 2pm-5pm
County Tipperary Skillnet secured additional funding through Skillnet Ireland and the Department of Education & Skills due to the current crisis and are in the position to fully fund this 'Compliance Officer Training- Retail focus' online course to support 10 businesses in the Tipperary region.
Places limited to one person per company.
The course will be delivered virtually by Anderlift training services
This 3 hour module is for supervisors and managers in the Retail sector with responsibility for Covid compliance (who are now the Compliance Officers at their premises). The programme covers general safety management priniciples, as well as specifically dealing with Covid related risks and relevant control and compliance measures
• Legal Overview- Key Safety Management principles
• Compliance and supervisory Role in a changed environment
• Risk Assessment Factors and Controls for Covid 19
• Key Elements of Back to Work Safely Programme
• Covid Management Response Plan
• Questionnaire and Course Conclusion
'From Grounded to Great Series' with Gerry Duffy-7th, 9th, 14th & 16th July 2020- 10am-11am
County Tipperary Skillnet secured additional funding through Skillnet Ireland and the Department of Education & Skills due to the current crisis and are in the position to fully fund this online series of workshops with Gerry Duffy to support businesses in the Tipperary region.
Gerry Duffy is a professional speaker in the corporate sector and works with companies like MSD, Boston Scientific, IFAC, SAP, Clancy Construction, Silver Hill Foods and Aer Lingus. His core expertise is in Leadership, Goal Setting and Public Speaking.
For fun he loves extreme sport and has completed 32 Marathons in 32 consecutive days!
'FROM GROUNDED TO GREAT AGAIN' 7th, 9th, 14th & 16th July 2020- 10am-11am-
You can book all 4 sessions to get the most of this series or you can choose individual modules.
Success in a Crisis = Us + Best Use of Our Resources.
In this four-module series, we will examine four resources to tap into so that we emerge intact, stronger and highly motivated to hit the ground running again.
Module ONE - MIND- 7th July 10am-11am
As the mind drives the body, here we will explore three brain workouts so that we remain resolute, focused on what we are in control of and recognise inner strengths and talents to further strengthen our resilience and confidence
Module TWO - TIME- 9th July 10am-11am
In a crisis period, we get time to manage ourselves, just like we do outside of it. How we manage time in crisis can significantly impact the success we secure further down the line. Here we will put time under the microscope and show BEST WAYS to manage and utilise it most effectively so that we optimise this resource.
Module THREE - BEHAVIOUR- 14th July 10am-11am
What are the daily habits that help us show up at our best? Fitness behaviours, eating behaviours, work behaviours, curfew behaviours. Here we will put daily behaviours under the microscope to help us show up positive, energised and in control.
Module FOUR - NETWORK- 16th July 10am-11am
It is said that ‘our network is our net worth’. In this session Gerry will share six different people in your network who can support you to achieve your goals.
Re-Thinking Leadership in Digitally Transformed Workplaces- Thursday 30th July 2020- 2:30pm-4:00pm
The latest in our series of free short online courses to help support businesses in the current crisis:
Re-Thinking Leadership in Digitally Transformed Workplaces
This 90-minute online 'RE-Thinking Leadership in Digitally Transformed Workplaces' short course is aimed at mid-level Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers and Leaders from any industry and companies of all shapes and sizes.
With companies being forced to fast-track their digital efforts, organisational managers and leaders will have to re-think how they motivate, engage and enable performance of the workforce.
1. Reflection on Management/Leadership style to-date and the impact of the Global Pandemic has had on employee engagement
2. Leading Effectively in a Virtual World to motivate, engage and enable performance
3. Key Research Findings on the Work Practices of the Future – Are You Ready?
This course will be delivered by Monere Development Services.
Facilitated Team Building Session for Company or Department- Thursday 23rd July 2020- 2:30pm-4:00pm
The latest in our series of free short online courses to help support businesses in the current crisis:
Facilitated Team Building Session for Company or Department
This 90-minute online 'Facilitated Team Building Session' will be valuable to any team who have been displaced into the Virtual World and need some support in re-energising their efforts as a team on both the task and social fronts.
Ideally a few employees from a mix of companies would get the most out of this short course therefore the course is not limited to one person per company- first come first serve!
Team Members may be feeling disconnected and a little fractured at present. However, being geographically removed from each other actually offers some real opportunities for enhanced collaboration, communication and commitment to team goals.
In this 90-minute session, we will take your team through a fun, engaging team building event that will help to reinvigorate them as individuals and as a team
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
1. Revival of Team Goals, Strengths, Challenges and Values
2. Interactive Virtual Team Activity to underpin Team Collaboration and Fun
3. Assessment of Team Routines, Practices and Habits - discussion on how to address these
4. Team Action Plan for Future Success
This course will be delivered by Monere Development Services.
Upcoming Events 2020
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2020
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.