The provision of innovative training programmes will ensure staff have the necessary skills to adapt to new technologies.
County Tipperary Skillnet facilitates learning and workforce development to meet enterprise talent needs, working closely with Industry to identify requirements.
Any private or semi-private company in Co. Tipperary can avail of our services, there is no membership fee.
Recruitment & Selection
14th June 2018
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
HIRING THE PERSON & SKILLSET YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS
Hiring a new member of your team is an important decision as the person you hire today may be with your company for a long time. Ensuring you make the right hire at the beginning increases the likelihood of having a harmonious employment relationship and increasing your existing teams’ capabilities and productivity.
This one day comprehensive programme covers practical interviewing skills and applicant screening methodology with hands on exercises and practice interviews. This training is ideal for you if you wish to develop your skills and confidence in interviewing and make more objective assessments. It will improve your confidence to recruit and select the right team member for the job.
Legislation & Policy
- Understand the importance of legislation
- What it is and why it matters and the consequences if you don’t
- Recruitment & Selection Policy
Creating a Job Description and Person Specification
Screening and Short listing applicants
- Selection Methods
- Setting selection criteria
- Using selection criteria to create short list
- Interview Preparation – you, applicant and environment
- Types of questions to use at interviews
- Questions to avoid and why
- Active Listening
- Note taking
- Selling your company and vacancy
- Building Rapport
- Types of Interview - Competency Based Interviewing/Panel Interviews etc
Job Offer and Documentation
- Making the selection decision
- Evaluating and rating evidence
- Progressing to the next stage
- Feedkback to unsuccessful applicants
- The Job Offer
- References/Background Checks
At the end participants will have the ability to:
- Understand Equality legislation with regard to Recruitment and Selection.
- Create a job description including a person specification.
- Create selection criteria and scoring mechanism.
- Make the right decision for the business based on requirements rather than personal bias.
- Deal and negotiate with third parties.
- Interview with confidence.
- Manage the process up to Job Offer.
Well Being At Work
Why not beat those Monday blues and attend this 2 hour informative lunchtime well-beingworkshop?
12 noon -2 pm
Questum Acceleration Centre, Ballingarrane, Clonmel.
The course contains lots of practical tips and techniques for relieving stress and more importantly it equips participants with skills to combat future stress in their lives and to focus on well-being.
You will learn coping skills to help build your resilience, manage your stress, and plan a healthy and productive lifestyle. The focus is on the cognitive behavioural techniques that help manage thoughts and improve self-awareness.
The following topics will be covered:
- Stress Triggers & Causes
- Recognising Stress Symptoms
- Managing your Thoughts/Responses
- Difficult Conversations
- First Aid for Mental Health
- Nutrition & Stress Management
14th June Nenagh
21st June Cahir
Both dates are now full, if you wish to be put on a waiting list or to be contacted for future dates please contact Karen or Sabrina on 052 6191105.
This one day programme is designed for professionals who constantly find themselves battling with issues related to time management. For example: meeting deadlines, trying to prioritise workload, spending time searching for document and emails, constantly working late and feeling stressed.
This course will benefit both you and your organisation, as your ability to manage time, set and achieve goals will enhance both personal and organisational productivity. Being able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and manage resources effectively are all key elements of this course that will help you to win time back.
This is a highly interactive course which combines facilitator presentation with hands-on exercises and group discussions.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course, other than a willingness to participate in discussions and exercises.
Understanding the problems with time.
Determining how effective your own time management is.
Setting realistic goals for ourselves.
Identifying and analysing where our time is going.
Methods for setting priorities and achieving them.
Understanding and achieving delegation.
Tips for ensuring we get thing done in a timely manner.
Understanding and dealing with procrastination.
Tracking how your time is used.
Learn how to manage interruptions.
Put systems in place to manage time more effectively.
Learn how to use Calendars and Planners correctly.
Top tips for email and outlook.
eLearning Essentials Programme
This fast-track elearning programme will help you develop the core skills involved in the design, development, assessment and evaluation of effective elearning solutions in a range of services and sectors.
This programme is ideal for learning professionals and educators who wish to take the first step in the development of their elearning skillset. The programme introduces you to core fundamentals of effective elearning design and development. The programme is open to any person responsible for creating training and education material within their organisation. Training consists of blended learning involving classroom based workshops, on-line resources and live virtual classroom sessions.
The programme cost is reduced from €1100 to €695 as subsidised by County Tipperary Skillnet, Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet and Waterford Chamber Skillnet.
The programme will include three classroom based days in the Newpark Hotel Kilkenny on the 26th & 27th September and 11th October 2018.
- Design eLearning- employ a practical, problem-solving approach to designing pedagogically aligned elearning across levels of learning.
- Develop eLearning- structured hands-on development of real world elearning using proven techniques to engage, stimulate and challenge learners.
- Assess eLearning- learn how to constructively align assessment within your elearning design to produce authentic, realistic assessment experiences.
- Evaluate eLearning- build a well structured evaluation framework to monitor your elearning projects, adapt to the learner's needs and deliver the best practice.
eLearning Essentials is recognised by Newcastle University's Centre for Executive and Professional Development. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a Professional Development Certificate in eLearning.
Harvest, the training provider partner with Newcastle University's Centre for Executive and Professional Development to deliver the accredited and internationally recognised eLearning Essentials Programme.