County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
County Tipperary Skillnet management team are continuing to work and are available to discuss any queries that our businesses or trainees have regarding our scheduled training programmes and supports for businesses.
In support of this national effort, County Tipperary Skillnet has postponed its public training courses until May 2020.
We are also available to discuss your queries about any other future programmes we offer to businesses within the Tipperary region.
Contact details at end of this page.
We would remind our stakeholders that the HSE website www.hse.ie is the authoritative source of information and advice on the situation regarding COVID-19 in Ireland.
We will keep this information updated in the coming weeks. Further information is also available on the Skillnet Ireland website at LINK
Training Delivery & Evaluation QQI L6 (6N3326) 21st April- 19th May 2020- ( 5 Tuesdays) Virtual delivery
Due to the current crisis this programme will now be delivered in a virtual classroom and participants will need:
- An Email Address
- Computer with camera and microphone
- A quiet space in their home
- A printer for printing coursework
All of the coursework will be posted or emailed to you.
Training will be delivered by 2UpSkill from their office in the Thurles Chamber Enterprise Centre using Zoom Classroom.
The additional benefit of doing Training Delivery & Evaluation virtually is that you will be learning how to deliver courses yourself virtually!
Tues 21st April 2020
Tues 28th April 2020
Tues 5th May 2020
Tues 12th May 2020
Tues 19th May 2020
This highly practical, interactive & participatory 'Training Delivery & Evaluation 6N3326' programme is delivered over 5 days. The course comprises of four sections:
- Adult Learning/ Training Objectives
- Roles & Competences of the Trainer
- Preparing & Delivering Training
- Learning Assessment & Training Evaluation
Programme Assessment is on a continuous basis, embracing theoretical reviews and practical assignments and project work.
This programme is certified through the IITD (Irish Institute of Training & Development), successful participants will received an IITD Trainers Skills Certificate- professional body Certification and will also be awarded a QQI Level 6 Training Delivery & Evaluation Component Award.
At the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Explain the role and competencies of the trainer
- Identify key factors in preparing for training delivery
- Demonstrate core skills required for effective delivery of training programmes.
- Discuss the assessment of trainees' learning, identify a range of assessment tools, techniques and approaches and devise an appropriate training assessment process.
Explain the background to training evaluation, identify a range of evaluation models and principles, evaluate training programmes effectively and identfiy key areas of benefit and opportunity.
This programme will be delivered by Miriam Durack of 2UpSkill, who has a wealth of knowledge in HR, Training and Career Coaching.
Managing with Emotional Intelligence Workshop- 9th September 2020
Wednesday 9th September 2020
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Managing with Emotional Intelligence - Achieve a Quantum Leap in your EQ
This one day workshop will be delivered by Michael Cox of MCX Training & Development. Michael has over 25 years of experience of working with managers and leaders throughout Ireland and overseas. He is now recognised as one of the most inspirational trainers in Emotional Intelligence.
This widely acclaimed Emotional Intelligence workshop will unlock, harness, develop and maximise full potential of individuals and teams by working to people's strengths and increase their motivation, performance and productivity.
"Your EA is the level of your ability to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them,"
Howard Gardner- Author of Multiple Intelligences and influential Harvard theorist
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- List the 7 intelligences and define what is Emotional Intelligence and a 'perfect' human being.
- Develop a greater understanding of oneself (Intrapersonal Intelligence) and how other people are 'wired' (Interpersonal Intelligence)
- Achieve a greater empathy and understanding of what motivates/ de-motivates us/ people around us and forgive short comings.
- Recognise/ admire differing types of 'wiring' and modify behaviour and communication styles according to achieve a respectful connection.
Guidance for Employers in Challenging Times Webinar- Friday 3rd April- 12 noon- 1pm
This webinar will be important to ensure you understand how to design and communicate reasonable and prudent protocols in the workplace based on up-to-date government and medical advice.
Employers should ensure they have an action plan prepared, so that they can respond effectively to a suspected case of the virus amongst their workforce and manage absences while limiting the impact on business continuity.
Advice on the most up to date payments from the State including updated Illness benefit, short time working payment, and COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment. Remember for many it will be their first time having to be in a position of this nature so it’s new and difficult for both employers and employees so be kind and patient at this time.
Top Learning Outcomes:
1. Understand how to design and communicate reasonable and prudent protocols in the workplace
2. Create a solid action plan to be prepared to respond effectively and pro-actively for your employees whilst protecting your business
3. Advice on the most up to date payments from the State guidance how to implement same
Friday 3rd April
12 noon - 13:00 pm
Places are limited therefore book early to avoid disappointment!
Diploma in Project Management Level 7- Commencement date rescheduled
Venue: Hoban Hotel, Ring Road, Kilkenny
This highly practical Diploma offers participants the opportunity to gain a project management qualification from Ireland’s first Technological University.
County Tipperary Skillnet, Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet & Waterford Chamber Skillnet have collaborated to bring this programme to the region.
The full price of the programme is €2100
Skillnet discounted price is €1200
The Diploma is delivered over 10 evenings commencing 24th March (6:30pm to 9:30pm )& the following evenings:
31st March, 7th,14th,21st & 28th April
5th & 19th May
Saturday 18th April & 2nd May 9:30am-4:30pm
The Diploma is aligned to internationally recognised best practices in the discipline of project, programme and portfolio management. Participants will develop the essential knowledge, skills and competencies required for successful project outcomes.
The Diploma is structured around real-world project management challenges and internationally recognised best practices, including the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), PRINCE2® and Agile Project Management.
The skills and techniques taught on this program are relevant to all sectors of business and government including professional services, construction, engineering, technology and life sciences. Participants also learn how to utilise Microsoft Project in the planning, execution and monitoring and controlling of projects.
Module Assessment Frameworks & Methodologies
Individual Assignment 1: Case Study Development.
Individual Assignment 2: Develop Reflective Project Management Handbook.
Project Management Information Systems Individual Assignment: Practical PMIS simulation requiring students to develop a resource driven Critical Path, with relevant reports and dashboards tracking planned versus actual progress.
Programme & Portfolio Management Group Assignment: Case Study analysis Individual Assignment: Presentation on Reflective Key Learnings.
• Current trends and recognised best practices
• The role of the project manager
• The art and science of PM
• Hybrid approaches
• Gnatts Charts
• Critical path analysis
• Tracking planned versus actual resources and cost
• Dashboards and reports
• Resources and cost management
• Custom fields
• Strategic project management
• Stakeholder engagement
• Capacity and capability
• Risk and contingency
• Earned value management
• Project complexity
• Project management maturity
• Determining project value
• Project failure
Anti Money Laundering -7th May 2020
Thursday 7th May 2020 9:30am -4:30pm
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
This one day Anti Money laundering training course is designed to enable professionals who are subject to anti-money laundering regulations to obtain a sound and practical understanding of the anti money laundering policies and procedures.
Money laundering continues to hold high profile with regulators and firms alike. Non-compliance with anti money laundering requirements can cause both significant reputation damage and penalties for organisations.
This course is an excellent introduction to AML and will satisfy the regulatory requirements for verifiable learning for all staff to understand their anti money laundering responsibilities.
During this course we will show learners how to comply with regulations and be familiar with the anti money laundering framework, how to spot suspicious activity and how to report suspected money laundering.
The course is very interactive. We can incorporate excising anti money laundering policies and procedures to aid group discussions and to allow learners to self-assess their current knowledge and identify areas of improvement.
Learners will be able to:
• Have an understanding of anti money laundering legislation
• Have an understanding of the policies and procedures in place
• Exercise due diligence to try and prevent money laundering
• Follow polices and procedures to report suspected money laundering
• An overview of anti money laundering framework and legislation
• The anti money laundering policies and procedures in place
• How to use due diligence to try and prevent money laundering
• Suspicious Activity - How to spot suspicious activity
• Whistleblowing - Policies and procedures on how and when to report suspicious activity
Remote Time and Task Management Webinar- Weds 8th April- 9:00am-10:30am
Remote Time and Task Management Webinar-90mins- Weds 8th April 9:00am-10:30am.
Working remotely is challenging and can be difficult to master. This
webinar will help you to manage your time and lead your team by
example. You will be able to identify the time stealers that are affecting
you and your team from achieving your core tasks. This webinar is also
about defining your priorities and balancing your focus on company
objectives, team productivity and continued commitment to tasks
1. Principles of Time Management and the key to continued
2. Managing your own Time
3. Managing other people’s Time
4. Managing and Minimising Disruptions and Interruptions
5. Mastering Energy, Attention and Focus
6. Understanding your responsibility as a leader in ensuring team
productivity and continued commitment to tasks
7. Key Skills in Effective Delegation
Managing Stress & Maintaining Good Mental Health in a Crisis Webinar- Friday 10th April 9:30am-12:30pm
The Managing Stress & Maintaining Good Mental Health in a Crisis Webinar will cover the following topics:
Adjusting to the New Normal
Identifying Stress Symptoms and Our Responses
Identifying and Building Personal Strengths
Resilience through Adversity
Upcoming Events 2020
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2020
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.