County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
18th December 2019 - 9:30am to 4:30pm
Excel Intermediate- Level 2
Questum Acceleration Centre- Clonmel
This course is specifically for those who already have some experience of Excel and know how to input data and format a spreadsheet. It will specifically be of interest to those who are working on spreadsheets created by others but want to know how to set up and manage their own workbooks. You should already know how to create charts.
At the end of this course participants will have a better understanding of how formulas are constructed and will have a thorough knowledge of how to structure a spreadsheet and database within Excel.
The course content may include the items listed below.
Charts, Sheet Layout and Formatting are covered at Level 1 - Introduction.
Items not listed here (including PivotTables and Macros) are not covered on this course and are covered at a higher level.
• Review of Excel Basics.
• Understanding the difference between “relative” and “absolute” cell references.
• Understanding and using dates in calculations.
• Creating Custom formats for dates and numbers.
• Introduction to the IF function.
• Using VLOOKUP (and HLOOKUP) function.
• Using the SUMIF(s), COUNTIF(s) and AVERAGEIF(s) functions.
• Conditional Formatting.
• Working with Text and using common TEXT functions.
• Importing data from other sources.
• Understand how to construct an effective database within Excel.
• Understand and use a selection of the following key functions:
Having Difficult Conversations- 2nd Workshop due to Demand!
21st November 2019- 9:30am -4pm- FULL day Workshop
Due to demand we are running a second workshop!
Challenging Conversations & How to Manage them-
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
This full day programme is subsidised at 50% by County Tipperary Skillnet
Learn practical and effective techniques to confidently conduct and manage difficult conversations with team members.
This full day programme will help you prepare for difficult or vital conversations to enable you to talk to your team members in as productive a way as possible. It will enhance your skills to manage and control workplace conversations.
This training is ideal for you if you wish to improve your confidence and knowledge for taking action and tackling challenging conversations directly and in time.
Facing the problem:
- What is a difficult conversation?
- Responsibility - Is it mine as line manager to sort out? When should I act?
- Dealing with real reluctance in getting caught up with very emotional or difficult performance and conduct issues.
- Stay in control of the situation..
Preparation and Plan:
- Information – Facts vs Opinions
- Policies & Procedures
- Best approach – what do I want the outcome to be?
- Structure – how will I structure the meeting? How can I make the conversations more bearable?
Skills & Techniques:
- Questioning & Listening
- Body Language
- Follow up
Resilience- Working & Managing under Pressure
29th November 2019 -
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
10am to 4pm
Many incidences of stress are due to accumulating factors, principally exhausting years of long working hours that have not been adequately balanced. This programme is for the stressed and those who want to remain stress free. The benefits of Resilience Training include improved work life balance, improved decision making, improved communication skills, increased focus clarity and attention span.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
• Recognise the characteristics of a resilient person
• Understand resilience as a process
• Strengthen their personal resilience
• Use resilience building techniques to assist in managing team performance
• Use coaching techniques to encourage team resilience
• Manage conflict between individuals and teams
• Recognise the characteristics of a resilient organisation
• Understand how to encourage resilience as part of their organisation’s culture
The course is delivered by Gráinne O Reilly, a Consultant Psychologist specialising in Neuropsychology with application to Business.
Upcoming Events 2019
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2020
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.