County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
Lead Auditor ISO 13485:2016 IRCA Certified
Dates: 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th & 12th June 2019
This learning event is based on assisting and verifying the competencies / capabilities of the Learner to be able to effectively audit a complete QMS [Medical Device] based on ISO 13485:2016 requirements with specific emphasis of 2nd Party auditing [Customer / Supplier audits] and 3rd Party auditing [Certification Bodies]
During the delivery, the Learner will complete a Consultant facilitated complete systematic audit of a QMS [Medical Devices]
The facilitated audit of the QMS [MD] will cover the full audit life cycle as defined by ISO 19011 and the learner will have to demonstrate and be assessed on the effective application of audit tools and techniques, auditor skills and behaviours.
The learner is assessed based on participation and performance evaluation throughout the duration of the course. Full attendance is required during the training. There is a closed book (2hr) written exam set by IRCA as part of the final assessment
This course is fully recognised by IRCA. It is a IRCA Certified Course (A17584)
LinkedIn for Business Workshop
Date: Tuesday 30th April 9:00am - 1pm
Venue: Clonmel Park Hotel
This is a unique, practical and interactive workshop facilitated by Justine Negri of Sole Careers, an expert on LinkedIn.
The workshop participants will learn exactly what LinkedIn is; how to develop and control their online brand and how it can add value to them and their business.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP & have an active LinkedIn account.
At the end of the workshop participants will
- Understand the benefits of LinkedIn
- Differentiate between a poorly laid out profile and a valuable effective profile
- Know how to plan, design and write an effective profile that sells, increases online awareness and search engine optimisation using effective and relevant keywords
- Showcase their core expertise
Training Needs Identification & Design-Train the Trainer
1st May 2019
9th May 2019
Venue: Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Training Needs Identification & Design 6N3325 (Component Award Level 6 (15 Credits)) aims to equip learners with the critical skills, knowledge and attitudes to identify training needs and to design a highly participatory, learner centred and engaging training programme for both groups and individuals in accordance with international best practice.
The programme will be delivered by Michael Cox of MCX Training & Development.
This programme comprises of one module, namely Training Needs Identification & Design code 6N3325 (15 credits). While the course primarily focuses on Training Needs Identification & Design the programme will also include short modules briefly covering the other two aspects of the Training Cycle i.e. Training Delivery & Evaluation
Participants may decide at a later stage to take Training Delivery & Evaluation, Level 6 code 6N3326 (15 credits) over a further 5 or 6 days and combined with the Training Needs Identification & Design module achieve a Special Purpose Award – a Certificate in Training & Development 6S3372 (30 credits). All credits can subsequently contribute to an overall major award at levels 5 and/or 6 subject to conditions.
At the end of the programme learners will be able to:
- Outline the purpose of training and development in private, public and third sectors and explain the training cycle.
- List the key fundamental differences between education and training, teachers and trainers, learning and development, pedagogy and andragogy and clarify what excellent trainers do really well.
- Define, list benefits of and barriers to effective Training Needs Analysis and explore range of inputs, tools and approaches required to accurately identify the skill, knowledge and attitude gap.
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis from individual, department or organisational perspective.
- Design a highly participatory an engaging programme plan including aims, objectives, unit plan, session schedule and lesson plan.
- Review a range of assessment tools and critically assess the five levels for evaluating training.
3 days with between three and eight hours own time for course work, review and assignment.
How Will I Learn?
This course is delivered using international best practice in adult learning. As a result the programme is highly participatory using a range of training tools, methods and techniques to ensure that participants get the opportunity to share experiences and knowledge, learn from each other and are given the opportunity to apply and practice the critical skills, knowledge and attitudes required to be an excellent trainer.
LinkedIn Learning- 6 months ONLINE access to over 3,000 programmes
4th March 2019- ONLINE
County Tipperary Skillnet is delighted to be able to offer access to LinkedIn Learning, an on demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career.
This pilot programme will launch on the 4th of March and each licence will allow 6 months access from the date of launch to over 3,000 programmes (7,000 plus including languages).
There are 35 new programmes added each week to the platform.
There are 11 licences available as part of this pilot initiative – 1 licence per company and 1 staff member may use this licence to access content of their choice at a given time.
With LinkedIn Learning, you get:
- Unlimited access: Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalised recommendations: Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors: Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning: Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources: Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
- Professional certification: LinkedIn Learning offers on-demand courses to help individuals prepare for professional certification exams and earn continuing education units (CEUs).
Sign up now, and be ready to access your learning from the 4th March.
€99 per Licence (1 per company).
Cybersecurity Awareness Course- Clonmel & Nenagh
May 7th 2019 Clonmel
9.30am – 1pm
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
May 13th 2019 Nenagh
9.30am – 1pm
Abbey Court Hotel, Nenagh
Half day course-2 separate workshops- 2 venues - 2 dates
This interactive course aims to make learning about cybersecurity easy, effective and enjoyable. It will introduce the world of cybersecurity and help participants to understand what they need to know and do to keep themselves and their workplace safe and secure. No prior knowledge or experience of cybersecurity is required to do this course.
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to build their overall awareness of cybersecurity and improve their ‘cybersecurity hygiene’ – so they avoid the obvious pitfalls and help prevent being caught by cybersecurity breaches.
Key areas covered include:
• Threats Overview: Malware, phishing & social engineering
• Password Policies: Best practices;
• Web Protection: What to look for; what to avoid
• Email Protection: What to look for; what to avoid
• Preventive Measures: Best practices for security at home and at work
1. Backup Your Files
Developing a backup and recovery plan for data on your computer is an important step every computer user should take.
2. Update Your Computer
This obvious step (called ‘patching’) is simple but often overlooked and can be the single biggest element in preventing attacks.
3. Email Scams
Recognise and avoid email scams.
4. Fight Against Ransomware and Malware
Malware (malicious software) is designed to disrupt computer operations, gather sensitive information, or gain unauthorised access to computer systems.
Using emails or web browsers purporting to be from reputable sources to induce you to reveal personal information.
Best practice is password creation and protection.
7. Mobile Security
Often not realised, the risks associated with mobile devices can be significant.
8. Wi-Fi Security
Both at home and at work the security of the Wi-Fi network is crucial.
9. Before You Connect!
What to do Before You Connect a New (or upgraded) Computer to the Internet
10. Secure Your Web Browser
Get the most up to date information on securing your web browser.
11. Virus Basics
How to protect against viruses
Liam Lynch (L2 Cyber Security Solutions) has nearly 30 years experience in the technology sector (with Aon Corporation, PaySys and EDS Ireland) and is highly skilled in IT Security, Data Protection, BCP/ITDR and Data Networking. He delivers easy to understand, simple security training for end-users to protect themselves online, as well as carrying out Security Risk Assessments and providing Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Planning consultancy. Liam is also a member of the ENISA (EU Agency for Network and Information Security) Permanent Stakeholders Group (PSG).
Participants also get free access to a special online Cybersecurity Awareness Course – the Information Security Pass™ Information Security Pass Registration Form
General Data Protection Regulation & Data Protection Act 2018 - A Year On!
Venue: Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Date: Monday 13th May 2019
Time: 10:00am to 1pm
CPD hours will be available on this workshop
Meeting Data Protection obligations is an ongoing requirement? With the 1st Anniversary of the implementation of the GDPR on the 25th of May and the potential for some hefty fines, is your business meeting its obligations? Is your business seen as a “Trusted” organisation?
The workshop will cover some of the fundamental requirements that is asked of an organisation and provide you with a how to approach on handling the complexity of building and maintaining a Data Protection program.
Items covered will include;
• Highlight from the GDPR & DPA 2018- The Rules
• Policy & Procedures Check List
• Sales and Marketing Approach
• Data Security & Risks- How to protect personal data
• Dealing with Data Subject Access Requests
• Managing a Breach or Incident
• How not to get Fined?
• Data Protection Commission Updates
Paula Carney-Hoffler F.I.I.C.M, Cert Credit Mgmt., Dip Law, CDPO
Information Security Pass TM - ONLINE
The Information Security PassTM programme is delivered entirely online by Central Solutions, and ensures you:
• Gain a better awareness of information security risks and threats to the organisation
• Recognise ways to mitigate exposure to such security concerns
• Understand IT security compliance business requirements
The Link to this Online course offered through ICT Skillnet as part of Cybersecurity Skills Initiative Ireland click on- Information Security Pass
The course provides a good grounding in:
- Social Engineering
- Safe Internet Usage
- Malicious Links
- Social Media
- Data Security in the Workplace
- Information Security Outside the Office
- Mobile Security
• Bite-sized digestible content on key Information Security topics
• Employees receive a portable ‘passport’ that rewards them on an ongoing basis for demonstrating responsible information security behaviours
• Fully independently managed and delivered services
Effective Presentation Skills -CPD Accredited
27th June 2019 - 9:30am -4:30pm
Venue: Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Overcome your fear of presenting!
This one day course combines the perfect balance of theory with practical presentation techniques to give participants the skills required to deliver effective presentations in a clear, concise and confident manner.
The 'Effective Presentation Skills' programme is now CPD accredited.
This means that on completion of the course, attendees will be awarded CPD Certification for 6 hours for inclusion in your Continuous Professional Development records for your professional body, institute, regulator or employer.
This course will help the participant understand presentation techniques and how to effectively use various “spices” to enhance their presentation. A practical hands-on approach is taken, allowing participants to practice and deliver their presentations a number of times throughout the day. At the end of the day each participant’s presentation is recorded and feedback is offered.
Understand the importance of knowing your audience
Plan an effective presentation
Beginning and ending a presentation successfully
Be familiar with a strong presentation structure
Getting the audience's attention and keeping it
Establishing audience buy-in and build your credibility
Properly using your eyes, hands, voice and stance
Participants should come to the course with a presentation topic in mind. When choosing your topic, bear in mind that initially you will build your presentation around your chosen topic and deliver it at the end of day one. Therefore, it should be a topic that you are familiar with and one that you would be comfortable speaking on. It can, but does not have to be work related.
The duration of your presentation will be approximately 10 minutes.
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2019
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.