County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
Google Ads Workshop- 10th March 2020
10th March 2019
9.30am – 4.30pm
Clonmel Park Hotel
This fully interactive practical one-day workshop will enable you to set up a full Google Ads campaign and get a high return on investment. You will build a Google Ad campaign throughout the day.
Please bring a laptop on the day- All participants must have their Google Ads account set up prior to the course commencing. This will include your billing details (account set up dictates this).
At the end of the day you will:
• Understand the different types of ads and bidding options
• Have set up a full Google Ad search campaign and be able to monitor and manage it successfully for a high ROI
• Be aware of the key tools and features in Google Ads and know how to use them effectively
The workshop will cover:
• Setting up a campaign in Google Ads – hands on experience setting campaigns settings and understanding bidding strategies and geographical targeting
• Setting up an AdGroup and choosing keywords – understanding and using keyword matching
• Keyword Quality score – what it is and why it is important
• Using the Google Keyword Planner, Google auto-complete & Ubersuggest for choosing campaign keywords
• Writing an effective ad and using Ad extensions effectively to increase position and click through rate
• Evaluation of existing campaign and improvements to ensure a high click through rate and conversion rate
• Linking Google Analytics data and customising Google Ads reports.
• Conversions: setting up conversion tracking
MS Powerpoint Animation & Graphics-26th March 2020
Tuesday 26th March 2020
Clonmel Park Hotel, Clonmel
9:30am – 4:30pm
You will be able to create visually appealing Powerpoint presentations that concentrate on graphics and animation. You will gain a thorough understanding of how graphics work and can be enhanced. and learn how animation can be used in a professional manner which enhances the message rather than distracts from it.
You should be very familiar with the basic use of PowerPoint and be able to create simple presentations, format slides and text. This course is not suitable for new users of PowerPoint, it is specifically aimed at those who need to create visually appealing presentations for a major event, project or presentation and who wish to learn what PowerPoint has to offer in creating high-end graphics and animation.
o Replace boring bullet lists with interactive smart-art graphics.
o Creating charts in PowerPoint and linking them to Excel, so that they update automatically.
o Animate your charts to see columns rise or line charts sweep across the screen.
• Video and Audio
o Using video or audio.
o Trimming video.
o Looping video.
o Use the animation pane and control timing and effects.
o Animation painter.
o Animation triggers.
o Created layered animation using several animations on the same object.
o Create hyperlinks to bring a slide to another application.
o Create hotspots and turn a screenshot into an interactive menu.
o Use Action Buttons for navigation.
• Master Slides
o Learn what they are and how to use them.
o Apply animation to Master Slides.
• Colour and Design
o Create and edit Themes.
o Understand how colours work together or against each other.
o Use your own custom colours
Managing with Emotional Intelligence Workshop- 1st April 2020
Wednesday 1st April 2020
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Managing with Emotional Intelligence - Achieve a Quantum Leap in your EQ
This one day workshop will be delivered by Michael Cox of MCX Training & Development. Michael has over 25 years of experience of working with managers and leaders throughout Ireland and overseas. He is now recognised as one of the most inspirational trainers in Emotional Intelligence.
This widely acclaimed Emotional Intelligence workshop will unlock, harness, develop and maximise full potential of individuals and teams by working to people's strengths and increase their motivation, performance and productivity.
"Your EA is the level of your ability to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them,"
Howard Gardner- Author of Multiple Intelligences and influential Harvard theorist
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- List the 7 intelligences and define what is Emotional Intelligence and a 'perfect' human being.
- Develop a greater understanding of oneself (Intrapersonal Intelligence) and how other people are 'wired' (Interpersonal Intelligence)
- Achieve a greater empathy and understanding of what motivates/ de-motivates us/ people around us and forgive short comings.
- Recognise/ admire differing types of 'wiring' and modify behaviour and communication styles according to achieve a respectful connection.
Diploma in Project Management Level 7
Venue: Hoban Hotel, Ring Road, Kilkenny
This highly practical Diploma offers participants the opportunity to gain a project management qualification from Ireland’s first Technological University.
County Tipperary Skillnet, Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet & Waterford Chamber Skillnet have collaborated to bring this programme to the region.
The full price of the programme is €2100
Skillnet discounted price is €1200
The Diploma is delivered over 10 evenings commencing 24th March (6:30pm to 9:30pm )& the following evenings:
31st March, 7th,14th,21st & 28th April
5th & 19th May
Saturday 18th April & 2nd May 9:30am-4:30pm
The Diploma is aligned to internationally recognised best practices in the discipline of project, programme and portfolio management. Participants will develop the essential knowledge, skills and competencies required for successful project outcomes.
The Diploma is structured around real-world project management challenges and internationally recognised best practices, including the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), PRINCE2® and Agile Project Management.
The skills and techniques taught on this program are relevant to all sectors of business and government including professional services, construction, engineering, technology and life sciences. Participants also learn how to utilise Microsoft Project in the planning, execution and monitoring and controlling of projects.
Module Assessment Frameworks & Methodologies
Individual Assignment 1: Case Study Development.
Individual Assignment 2: Develop Reflective Project Management Handbook.
Project Management Information Systems Individual Assignment: Practical PMIS simulation requiring students to develop a resource driven Critical Path, with relevant reports and dashboards tracking planned versus actual progress.
Programme & Portfolio Management Group Assignment: Case Study analysis Individual Assignment: Presentation on Reflective Key Learnings.
• Current trends and recognised best practices
• The role of the project manager
• The art and science of PM
• Hybrid approaches
• Gnatts Charts
• Critical path analysis
• Tracking planned versus actual resources and cost
• Dashboards and reports
• Resources and cost management
• Custom fields
• Strategic project management
• Stakeholder engagement
• Capacity and capability
• Risk and contingency
• Earned value management
• Project complexity
• Project management maturity
• Determining project value
• Project failure
Upcoming Events 2020
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2020
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.