County Tipperary Skillnet is a champion for innovation in enterprise learning, playing an important role in maintaining a supply of the future skills essential for the growth of Irish enterprise.
Advances in technology, market shifts and changing demographics are among some of the constantly changing trends driving new skilling requirements for industry.
Why 160 Tipperary businesses are members
of County Tipperary Skillnet
Digital Marketing QQI L5
14th March - 18th April 2019 every Thursday for 6 weeks
Participants must have their own laptop.
(6 day course, one day a week for 6 weeks)
9:30am to 4:30pm
• Digital Marketing Landscape & Channels
• Developing a Digital Marketing Strategy
• Search Engine Advertising
• Display Advertisement
• Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
• Social Media Marketing (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc)
• Email Marketing
• Business Blogging/ Rich Media Content Marketing (Snapchat, Pinterest, Youtube etc)
• Online User Experience & Digital Measurement
• Developing a Digital Marketing Plan & Certification Preparation
How to conduct an Employee Relations Investigation
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Employment Investigations- this one day workshop will provide you with the skills required to consider allegations, investigate using correct procedures, weigh up evidence and make the appropriate decision. You will be able to carry out fair and compliant investigations from start to finish following correct practice and procedure that is required in any investigation from initial terms of reference to producing a final investigation report. You will improve your investigative interviewing and your confidence to manage situations and employees at the initial stage which will in turn decrease the number of escalations that need to be raised to thenext level.
The programme has a mixture of legislation, best practice and hands on content including:
- Introduction to Employment Investigations
- Framework for Conducting Investigations
- Skills for Conducting Investigative Interviews
MS Powerpoint Animation & Graphics
Thursday 21st February 2019
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
9:30am – 4:30pm
You will be able to create visually appealing Powerpoint presentations that concentrate on graphics and animation. You will gain a thorough understanding of how graphics work and can be enhanced. and learn how animation can be used in a professional manner which enhances the message rather than distracts from it.
You should be very familiar with the basic use of PowerPoint and be able to create simple presentations, format slides and text. This course is not suitable for new users of PowerPoint, it is specifically aimed at those who need to create visually appealing presentations for a major event, project or presentation and who wish to learn what PowerPoint has to offer in creating high-end graphics and animation.
o Replace boring bullet lists with interactive smart-art graphics.
o Creating charts in PowerPoint and linking them to Excel, so that they update automatically.
o Animate your charts to see columns rise or line charts sweep across the screen.
• Video and Audio
o Using video or audio.
o Trimming video.
o Looping video.
o Use the animation pane and control timing and effects.
o Animation painter.
o Animation triggers.
o Created layered animation using several animations on the same object.
o Create hyperlinks to bring a slide to another application.
o Create hotspots and turn a screenshot into an interactive menu.
o Use Action Buttons for navigation.
• Master Slides
o Learn what they are and how to use them.
o Apply animation to Master Slides.
• Colour and Design
o Create and edit Themes.
o Understand how colours work together or against each other.
o Use your own custom colours
Training Needs Identification & Design-Train the Trainer
1st May 2019
9th May 2019
Venue: Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Training Needs Identification & Design 6N3325 (Component Award Level 6 (15 Credits)) aims to equip learners with the critical skills, knowledge and attitudes to identify training needs and to design a highly participatory, learner centred and engaging training programme for both groups and individuals in accordance with international best practice.
The programme will be delivered by Michael Cox of MCX Training & Development.
This programme comprises of one module, namely Training Needs Identification & Design code 6N3325 (15 credits). While the course primarily focuses on Training Needs Identification & Design the programme will also include short modules briefly covering the other two aspects of the Training Cycle i.e. Training Delivery & Evaluation
Participants may decide at a later stage to take Training Delivery & Evaluation, Level 6 code 6N3326 (15 credits) over a further 5 or 6 days and combined with the Training Needs Identification & Design module achieve a Special Purpose Award – a Certificate in Training & Development 6S3372 (30 credits). All credits can subsequently contribute to an overall major award at levels 5 and/or 6 subject to conditions.
At the end of the programme learners will be able to:
- Outline the purpose of training and development in private, public and third sectors and explain the training cycle.
- List the key fundamental differences between education and training, teachers and trainers, learning and development, pedagogy and andragogy and clarify what excellent trainers do really well.
- Define, list benefits of and barriers to effective Training Needs Analysis and explore range of inputs, tools and approaches required to accurately identify the skill, knowledge and attitude gap.
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis from individual, department or organisational perspective.
- Design a highly participatory an engaging programme plan including aims, objectives, unit plan, session schedule and lesson plan.
- Review a range of assessment tools and critically assess the five levels for evaluating training.
3 days with between three and eight hours own time for course work, review and assignment.
How Will I Learn?
This course is delivered using international best practice in adult learning. As a result the programme is highly participatory using a range of training tools, methods and techniques to ensure that participants get the opportunity to share experiences and knowledge, learn from each other and are given the opportunity to apply and practice the critical skills, knowledge and attitudes required to be an excellent trainer.
Emotional Intelligence Workshop
15th April 2019 - 9:30am -4:30pm
Venue: Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Managing with Emotional Intelligence - Achieve a Quantum Leap in your EQ
This one day workshop will be delivered by Michael Cox of MCX Training & Development. Michael has over 25 years of experience of working with managers and leaders throughout Ireland and overseas. He is now recognised as one of the most inspirational trainers in Emotional Intelligence.
This widely acclaimed Emotional Intelligence workshop will unlock, harness, develop and maximise full potential of individuals and teams by working to people's strengths and increase their motivation, performance and productivity.
"Your EA is the level of your ability to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them,"
Howard Gardner- Author of Multiple Intelligences and influential Harvard theorist
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- List the 7 intelligences and define what is Emotional Intelligence and a 'perfect' human being.
- Develop a greater understanding of oneself (Intrapersonal Intelligence) and how other people are 'wired' (Interpersonal Intelligence)
- Achieve a greater empathy and understanding of what motivates/ de-motivates us/ people around us and forgive short comings.
- Recognise/ admire differing types of 'wiring' and modify behaviour and communication styles according to achieve a respectful connection.
4th March 2019- ONLINE
County Tipperary Skillnet is delighted to be able to offer access to LinkedIn Learning, an on demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career.
This pilot programme will launch on the 4th of March and each licence will allow 6 months access from the date of launch to over 13,000 programmes including languages.
There are 35 new programmes added each week to the platform.
There are 11 licences available as part of this pilot initiative – 1 licence per company and 1 staff member may use this licence to access content of their choice at a given time.
With LinkedIn Learning, you get:
- Unlimited access: Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalised recommendations: Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors: Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning: Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources: Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
- Professional certification: LinkedIn Learning offers on-demand courses to help individuals prepare for professional certification exams and earn continuing education units (CEUs).
Sign up now, and be ready to access your learning from the 4th March.
€99 per Licence (1 per company).
Championing innovation in
Enterprise Learning for Ireland’s
Complete the Learning Needs
Analysis Survey 2019
if you would like a one to one meeting.
You are not obliged to undertake training that you list,
it is used as an indication for County Tipperary Skillnet's
The survey only takes 2 mins.