Problem Solving & Critical Thinking- Online-November 6th- 10am-1pm
Friday 6th November 2020 - 10am-1pm
Subsidised cost is €39 per participant, part funded by County Tipperary Skillnet through Skillnet Ireland and the Dept of Education & Skills.
This 3 hour 'Problem Solving & Critical Thinking' workshop is one in the 'New Links Training Solutions' Personal and Professional Development series.
New Links Training Solutions are experts in leadership, management and professional development training and are a QQI registered training provider.
At the end of this 3 hour workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify their critical thinking skills and identify their critical thinking style.
- Explore the critical thinking process and be able to assess diverse viewpoints/contributions.
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning.
- Systematically analyse context and information to clearly understand and identify a problem.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving tools to overcome obstacles and objections.
- Select the best technique for making decisions.
- Learn how to avoid individual and collective decision making pitfalls.
Training will be live-streamed using a virtual training platform, complete with 2-way audio, visual presentations, course chat, and live questions which allows for in-classroom and online interactions. While laptops/ desktop PCs are the preferable option, mobile devices can also be used. But, please note that participants usually perform better when interacting with virtual classrooms when using a keyboard and mouse as they can type questions directly to the instructor, or ask a question using their computer microphone.
Remote participants should be aware that the instructor will call upon them for their input just as if they were in the physical room.
All instructions, course work, and materials needed will be sent out in advance for the participant to print. It is recommended that everyone should have a notebook available to take notes