Lean White Belt -Weds-14th October-Online- 9:30am-3:30pm
Wednesday 14th October 2020 - 9:30am-3:30pm
Subsidised cost is €49 per participant, part funded by County Tipperary Skillnet through Skillnet Ireland and the Dept of Education & Skills.
DCM will deliver the training on behalf of County Tipperary Skillnet,
This 6 hour Lean White Belt course has been designed to give learners a common understanding of the capabilities, goals and objectives of a Lean Six Sigma Programme.
The true experts are those who do the work every day, so this course is an excellent way to develop to a Lean Six Sigma culture. Bad culture will always beat good process, so changing the culture is key to success.
During the course participants will learn about Six Sigma, Lean principles and the practical application of these tools and techniques, as well as how they can actively direct, manage and participate in these programmes.
By the end of the course each learner will have:
• An overall understanding to the concepts, tools and principles of Lean
• An overall understanding of the Six Sigma philosophy, the DMAIC methodology and the tools and techniques used in Six Sigma
• Some initial criteria and guidelines for selecting, reviewing and evaluating Lean Six Sigma projects
• A fundamental understanding of how these programs can be applied to deliver an effective continuous improvement program to reduce waste and variation in the business
TOPIC 1: UNDERSTANDING LEAN
• History of Lean Six sigma
• Understanding DMAIC (Define Measure Analysis Improve & Control)
• Developing and understanding a story board
• Understanding the tools and techniques
TOPIC 2: DEFINING, MEASURING & ANALYSING PROJECTS
• Introduction to Moving Range Charts
• Understanding TQM and lean Six Sigma
• Understanding FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis)
• Identifying project opportunities
• Understanding and producing a Process Map
• Understanding Metrics and Fish Bone diagrams
TOPIC 3: IMPLEMENTING CHANGE
• The Nature of Change and Overcoming Resistance
• Tools and techniques for Effective Change and Business Transformation