Emerging Leaders LEAP-15th April- 2nd July 2021- 18 sessions x 1.5hrs 2nd Programme due to Demand
Due to high demand a second programme has been launched:
This programme is a collaboration between County Tipperary Skillnet & Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet and is funded at 60% to provide support to businesses in the region.
LEAP, based in Galway are leadership and management consultants, will deliver this programme virtually. They design and deliver leadership development programmes for business owners and team leaders, and management development programmes for new managers.
Everybody who arrives in a management role for the first time, asks themselves what do I do now? The hard work and technical skills that got them the management responsibility are not the skillset necessary to be successful as a manager. The new manager needs to quickly identify what he/she needs to focus on and how to make the necessary personal changes in a seamless manner..
At the end of the programme participants will have:
- Improved self awareness to help them determine how best to manage their team
- Committed to proven management practices demonstrating their ability to assume greater responsibility
- Learned how to ensure that the team deliver on Objectives
- Determined the attitudes, behaviours and disciplines required of great team players
- Committed to personal behaviours to improve team’s cohesion performance and collective spirit
- Developed new work practices to improve overall effectiveness with respect to management of self and of the team.
This programme is designed for those who have:
- Assumed a management role
- Are very experienced in their current role and have been identified as suitable to take on team lead or management responsibilities in the organisation
- Have supervisory responsibility for fellow colleagues in an informal way
The Emerging Leaders Programme will:
- Re-enforce and apply the most effective people management skills to help participants get the best from their team and to address issues promptly and effectively.
Programme Introduction Thursday April 15th 11:00am - 11:45am
- The role and requirements -Monday April 19th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Management Styles- Wednesday April 21st 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Developing Best Behaviours- Friday April 23rd 11:30am - 1:30pm
- The value of teamwork -Tuesday, Wednesday May 5th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Developing Optimum Team Traits-Wednesday, Thursday May 6th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Addressing Dysfunctions -Friday May 7th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Elements of Communication -Monday May 17th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Performance Management- Wednesday May 19th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Performance Mgmt Continued -Friday May 21st 11:30am - 1:30pm
Understanding Self & Others
- Framework for understanding -Tuesday, Monday May 31st 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Understanding Personality Types-Wednesday June 2nd 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Understanding remaining Types- Friday June 4th 11:30am - 1:30pm
Effective Time Management
- Prioritising Workloads -Monday June 14th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Using Tools -Wednesday June 16th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Effective Delegation -Friday June 18th 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Change can be Positive- Monday June 28th 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Managing Responses -Wednesday June 30th 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Using Emotional Intelligence -Friday July 2nd 11:00am - 12:30pm
This programme is eligible for QQI Certification: Level 6, Managing People. Through the process of going forward for certification you will actively look to apply learning from the programme to your workplace. This will build your confidence in your newly acquired skills. This process provides a mechanism for you and your manager to assess progress and determine further development requirements. It sends out a strong message that as an organisation you take development seriously and you support your staff.
So what’s involved?
1. Report on management and leadership: what it is, the value of the role and the competencies needed to execute the roles successfully.
2. Learner Record provides you with the opportunity to reflect on what you’ve learnt and the progress you have made. You assess your performance and determine next steps for your development.
3. Project based on what you are currently working on in your role. You will apply a framework to your work which prompts you to consider how you are managing your team as they deliver on the required objectives. You are not required to take on additional work, just consider how you are managing people in delivering on your existing goals.