Excel Fundamentals 30th November 2021
Course Aims & Objectives
Microsoft Excel is by far the most popular spreadsheet application in use today. Its uses span all sectors within business, industry or academia. At the end of the course participants will have a solid knowledge of how to set-up and manipulate data within Excel.
Who Should Attend?
Participants on this course should have some familiarity with using a PC, mouse and keyboard. The class is designed for those who have want a rounded knowledge of Excel and who may have little or no knowledge of the application. It is ideal for those who have only been working on inputting data into a standard Excel spreadsheet but who have never created or designed a spreadsheet.
The course content will include the items listed below.
· Understanding the difference between a spreadsheet and a database within Excel.
· Manipulating Rows and Columns of data.
· Changing data, copying or moving data within a spreadsheet or between spreadsheets.
· Formatting a spreadsheet, including text formatting, cell formatting, borders, alignment and font.
· Creating basic formulas using mathematical symbols.
· Understanding the difference between Relative and Absolute cell referencing.
· Understanding and using dates in calculations.
· Using the IF function.
· Conditional Formatting.
· Understand how to construct an effective database within Excel.
· Multilevel sorting by more than one field.
· Retrieving records using autofilter, custom and advanced filters.
· Page layout and preparing data for printing.
· Freezing rows and columns.
· Creating Pie, Column, Line, and Mixed charts.
· Understand and use the following key functions:
o Average o CountA
o Max o Min