The QQI Leadership Module 6N1291
Dates: 11th, 18th, 25th October & 1st,8th, 15th, 23rd, 29th November
Time: 1.30pm - 4.30 pm
This programme is aimed at professionals of all levels who wish to develop their leadership skills and for organisations who wish to develop talent from within. Participants will gain an understanding of leadership roles and they will develop their skills and knowledge to lead, supervise and to manage resources effectively to achieve organisational and personal goals.
To enhance your Leadership Skills and to complement this QQI course, two additional training events have been incorporated into the programme. These comprise of networking and conversational skills plus Microsoft Excel or Word.
On completion of this course, Participants will:
• Communicate effectively using a range of skills e.g. interpersonal, appraisal, negotiation, and
• Communicate with colleagues and employees using their Emotional Intelligence
• Draw up a personal leadership plan for a task, project or job
• Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills to include strategic analysis and action
• Develop leadership skills to improve the performance of individuals and team
• Be able to critically evaluate a range of leadership styles
• Work more effectively as a team leader, supervisor or manager
• Understand the nature of modern teams and their functions
• Make decisions appropriately e.g. independently, in consultation with others
• Demonstrate effective team building skills and be able to positively influence others
• Deliver a briefing or a presentation to team members
Learning and Development in the Modern Workplace
The 21st-century workplace from large corporations to SMEs is facing new challenges
both in hiring new staff and retaining existing staff. The great resignation has taught us that job loyalty may be a thing of the past. The effects of the great resignation are being felt by companies both large and small; the reason for this is that people are thinking differently about their life and their work.
Continuous Upskilling & Reskilling
According to lifelong learning experts upskilling throughout your career greatly
enhances your opportunities for progression and promotion. Most employers these
days expect their employees to upskill and/or reskill at the speed of work. Therefore, it is vital to create learning and development opportunities that are accessible, flexible, easily consumable and have the potential to lead to certification or some other form of recognition e.g. micro-credentials.
The Knowledge Economy
To keep abreast of the skills needed to survive in the evolving knowledge economy
employees are now demanding continuous learning opportunities. This course is a range of short stackable modular workshops aligned to in demand current and future skills.
Collaborative Learning Solutions
This type of learning is cost-effective and impactful, employees are rewarded for their ongoing efforts indicating their mastery of a specific skill. Employers on the other hand can avoid the costly pitfalls of all-or-nothing outcomes that longer stretches of learning demand. Stackable learning is a great way to build capacity, meet emerging skills demands and grow future leaders. Employers who promote ongoing learning are more likely to hold on to their employees at every level.