Frist Aid Response - 3 Day Course
Aims and Training Objectives – at the end of this training sessions participants will be able to:
Render effective First Aid in the workplace while awaiting more qualified medical assistance. Participants will be able to assess a potential casualty and also provide essential life-saving interventions including CPR and use of Defibrillator.
Course Outline will include:
Delivery of the full FAR accredited programme including the following:
- Assessment of Casualty and checking of Vital signs
- Primary and Secondary Survey- Recovery Position
- Dealing with Cardiac Arrest- CPR and use of Defibrillator
- Control of Bleeding
- Dealing with fractures
- Chemical and Electrical burns
- Diabetes/Asthma/ Epilepsy- Signs Symptoms and treatment
- Practical and Written Assessment
The training is tutor led and follows the programme outlined above, however, in line with adult learning principles the work will be interactive and discussion on the topics listed will be encouraged.
Participants will complete an assessment questionnaire and an assignment as part of the programme assessment, to ensure that learning objectives are achieved.