18th December 2019 - 9:30am to 4:30pm
Excel Intermediate- Level 2
Questum Acceleration Centre- Clonmel
This course is specifically for those who already have some experience of Excel and know how to input data and format a spreadsheet. It will specifically be of interest to those who are working on spreadsheets created by others but want to know how to set up and manage their own workbooks. You should already know how to create charts.
At the end of this course participants will have a better understanding of how formulas are constructed and will have a thorough knowledge of how to structure a spreadsheet and database within Excel.
The course content may include the items listed below.
Charts, Sheet Layout and Formatting are covered at Level 1 - Introduction.
Items not listed here (including PivotTables and Macros) are not covered on this course and are covered at a higher level.
• Review of Excel Basics.
• Understanding the difference between “relative” and “absolute” cell references.
• Understanding and using dates in calculations.
• Creating Custom formats for dates and numbers.
• Introduction to the IF function.
• Using VLOOKUP (and HLOOKUP) function.
• Using the SUMIF(s), COUNTIF(s) and AVERAGEIF(s) functions.
• Conditional Formatting.
• Working with Text and using common TEXT functions.
• Importing data from other sources.
• Understand how to construct an effective database within Excel.
• Understand and use a selection of the following key functions: