Having Difficult Conversations
-Challenging Conversations & How to Manage them
30th September 2019- 9:30am -1pm- Half day Workshop
Questum Acceleration Centre, Clonmel
Learn practical and effective techniques to confidently conduct and manage difficult conversations with team members.
This half day programme will help you prepare for difficult or vital conversations to enable you to talk to your team members in as productive a way as possible. It will enhance your skills to manage and control workplace conversations.
This training is ideal for you if you wish to improve your confidence and knowledge for taking action and tackling challenging conversations directly and in time.
Facing the problem:
- What is a difficult conversation?
- Responsibility - Is it mine as line manager to sort out? When should I act?
- Dealing with real reluctance in getting caught up with very emotional or difficult performance and conduct issues.
- Stay in control of the situation..
Preparation and Plan:
- Information – Facts vs Opinions
- Policies & Procedures
- Best approach – what do I want the outcome to be?
- Structure – how will I structure the meeting? How can I make the conversations more bearable?
Skills & Techniques:
- Questioning & Listening
- Body Language
- Follow up